Raider Nation, one of your own may be heading to Canton.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame announced on Monday that Wayne “The Violator” Mabry is one of six fans in the NFL who is a nominee to be elected into the Ford Hall of Fans, which is part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You can learn more and vote here.
The Violator is one of the most famous Raiders fans in the world. He has been cheering for the team and greeting fellow fans at games for decades. If you’re a Raiders fan, the Violator is as memorable as Ken Stabler, Marcus Allen and Howie Long.
Mabry is a friend of this community and I reached out to him to offer congratulations and ask if he has any messages for the fan base and, yes, he did!
“Please help me get into the Ford Hall of Fans by casting your vote everyday until January 24th at fordhalloffans.com. Thanks,” he replied.
Best of luck, Violator.
In other Raiders’ links:
- What went wrong? The San Jose Mercury News examines.
- Crosby finished strong; PFF gave Maxx Crosby his highest grade of season in Week 17.
- Look at 17: The Raiders pick No. 17 in the first round. What’s the history there?
- Next step: The San Jose Mercury News looks how that can happen.
- Change needed: The Athletic explains why,