I am actually really concerned about the direction of the Raiders moving forward... and have been for a really long time. Here are a few of my thoughts:
1. Hiring Chucky back to the Raiders is the worst thing that has happened to the Raiders since the Tuck Rule. No, not his firing (or resignation) whatever you want to call it, HIS HIRING IN THE FIRST PLACE. He has set the Raiders back for years!
2. Firing Chucky is the BEST thing that has happened to the Raiders since our last superbowl win. He is barely over .500 as a coach in his career (by the way that is OVER) and does not have what it takes to win in today's NFL.
3. Derek Carr must go. Yes he is a Top 15-20 QB in the league, but the gap between him and the elite QBs is huge. This is not the reason I want to get rid of him though. This clown is going to split the locker room. He is going to become a cancer to this team. He said, "I hate what he said, but I still love him as a man." - - - or at least some BS like that. How do you think that makes his teammates of color and alternate sexual preferences feel? I will tell you NOT GOOD.
4. We need to hire a young upstart head coach. I have already mentioned my candidates in several comments, but one of the is not Deebo Samuel.
5. We also need a new GM. Mayock is nothing more than a talking head and thinks he is smarter than the rest of NFL evaluators. Hence.... reach after reach in the first round. I like Louis Riddick for this role.
6. I read an article about the core of our franchise being terrible. I completely disagree.... Waller, Crosby, Ngakoue, Moehrig, Mullen, Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow, Miller, and Hobbs are all keepers.
So where do we go from here?
1. Trade Carr
2. Hire Bieniemy
3. Hire Louis Riddick
4. Draft a QB every year until we find our own Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Lamar or Murray.
5. Sign a #1 WR
6. Draft the BPA in EVERY FREAKING ROUND