With the 2021 Las Vegas Raiders’ roster close to being full, it’s a good time to look at their potential 2022 unrestricted free agents.
And there are plenty of them.
There are 23 players who are entering the last year of their contract with the Raiders who have a strong chance to make the 53-man roster. That’s nearly half the roster!
However, there is no need to be overly concerned. The Raiders’ will be in good salary-cap shape next year and there are no top-end free agents on the list.
One of the reasons why the Raiders have so many pending free agents next offseason is they signed several players to one-year deals this offseason. We’ll see how those players do this season before knowing if they fit into the Raiders’ plans for 2022.
Among those players are:
- Wide receivers John Brown and Willie Snead
- Linebacker Nicholas Morrow
- Defensive end David Irving
- Defensive tackles Johnathan Hankins, Solomon Thomas, Darius Philon and Quentin Jefferson
- Cornerbacks Casey Hayward and Rasul Douglas
- Safety Karl Joseph
Quarterback Marcus Mariota’s free-agent market may depend on if he plays at all as Derek Carr’s backup. Meanwhile, kicker Daniel Carlson may be one of the biggest priorities for Las Vegas. I could see the Raiders extending him before he gets to free agency.
Here are the other Las Vegas 2022 free agents who should make the team:
- Guard Richie Incognito
- Running backs Jalen Richard and Theo Riddick
- Wide receiver Zay Jones
- Center Nick Martin
- Tight end Derek Carrier
- Cornerback Nevin Lawson
- Quarterback Nathan Peterman
- Defensive end Matt Davidson
- Tackle Brandon Parker