Don’t expect the Aaron Rodgers-Las Vegas Raiders rumors to go away anytime soon.
First, because Rodgers’ issues with the Green Bay Packers seemed too real and too deep for there to be a resolution in the near future ... or maybe ever. Of course, last week there was a report that Rodgers would prefer to be traded to either the San Francisco 49ers, Denver Broncos or the Raiders.
Since then, the 49ers drafted quarterback Trey Lance at No. 3, so they are out. So it seems the possible landing spots for Rodgers are the Broncos or the Raiders, Denver is the most likely landing spot because it has a bigger need at the position and a trade would be easier.
But many people aren’t count out the Raiders in the Rodgers derby yet. One of them is ESPN’s Mike Greenberg, who knows Raiders’ coach Jon Gruden well.
Check out his thoughts from Wednesday’s Get Up here:
What does it all mean?
Nothing, of course. But it’s a reminder that the Rodgers-Raiders talk won’t die until he either makes up with the Packers, gets traded elsewhere go become a full-time Jeopardy host.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Not impressed; Jim Trotter of NFL.com thinks the Raiders are “spinning their wheels” under Gruden.
- Top undrafted signings: The Athletic looks at the top undrafted free agents headed to Las Vegas.
- Another DT available: Dallas cut starting defensive tackle Antwaun Woods. He played for Las Vegas defensive line coach Rod Marinelli with the Cowboys. Perhaps the Raiders will take a look at Woods.
- Heath spots: This report believes the Cowboys, New Orleans Saints and the Detroit Lions could be interested in safety Jeff Heath, who was released.
- Not a great ranking: Sports Illustrated has its post-draft NFL power rankings. The Raiders have taken a step back.