Las Vegas Raiders’ quarterback Derek Carr made headlines this week when he said he’d probably quit playing football rather than play for another NFL team.
Carr’s remarkable words not only resonated with media and fans, but they were also felt in his own locker room. In an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio, Las Vegas wide receiver Hunter Renfrow said he was fired up to see Carr’s statement on Twitter.
"That's who you want as a quarterback, that's who want as a leader"— SiriusXM NFL Radio (@SiriusXMNFL) June 17, 2021
WR Hunter Renfrow reacts to Derek Carr's comments on his commitment to the @Raiders
LISTEN I #RaiderNation pic.twitter.com/QvLRFwXXRY
Renfrow said he screenshot the tweet and sent it to Carr via text with the caption: “I love this.”
“That’s who you want as a quarterback, that’s who you want as a leader — a guy who’s going to give everything he has,“ Renfrow said about the QB who he has developed a fast chemistry with over the past two years.
Renfrow’s reaction to Carr’s words is another illustration of the respect and admiration the quarterback has within the Raiders’ building. That, above media criticism and some fan angst, is what matters most.
In other Raiders’ links:
- So close: Raiders’ receiver Henry Ruggs was so close to bowling a perfect 300 in Las Vegas. Dang. Great work, though.
- Watch camp highlights: The Raiders’ website has a video wrap-up of this week’s minicamp.
- Another AFC West player who doesn’t want to leave: Just like Carr with the Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs’ safety Tyrann Mathieu can’t imagine wearing any other uniform than the Chiefs.
- Former Raider stays in AFC West: The Broncos have signed former Raiders’ returner De’Mornay Pierson-El. He spent time on Las Vegas’ practice squad last year.
- Talking big in Denver: Broncos’ cornerback Ronald Darby thinks Denver could have the best defense in the NFL this season.
- First show at Allegiant: The first event at Allegiant Stadium will be Illenium Trilogy with Las Vegas native 3LAU opening on July 3. Check it out.