This is your chance to put on your general manager cap and have a little fun.
The NFL’s Twitter account had a great idea to pick one skill position player from each AFC West team.
Here are your choices:
You can pick ONE player from EACH team.— NFL (@NFL) July 11, 2021
Now build your AFC West offensive All-Star team. pic.twitter.com/KwCwUpLLnM
The rules are easy — pick one quarterback, one running back, one tight end and one wide receiver and you have to take one player from each team
Here’s my picks:
- Quarterback Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Running back Melvin Gordon of the Denver Broncos.
- Tight end Darren Waller of the Las Vegas Raiders.
- Wide receiver Keenan Allen of the Los Angeles Chargers.
I took Mahomes, of course, because he’s one of the best players in the NFL, if not the very best. I took Waller because he is the best player on Las Vegas’ roster. That left the Chargers and the Broncos at running back and wide receiver.
Allen was the best player available. That left Gordon. I don’t love him as a player, but if I had to compromise at a position, running back is the place to do it.
What are your choices?
In other Raiders’ links:
- D-line peek: The Athletic previews the Raiders’ defensive line.
- Trade for Adams: Bleacher Report thinks the Raiders should trade for Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams now instead of waiting for him to hit free agency next year.
- Bad moves: The Athletic looks at every team’s biggest mistake of the offseason.
- The numbers are in: Football Outsiders have the Raiders’ win total numbers out.