It has been speculated this offseason that Bosa can become the NFL’s first non-quarterback to average more than $30 million a year. Now, Pro Football Focus has projections for new deals for both Bosa and Crosby, who are now eligible for new deals. Bosa was the No. 2 overall pick in 2019, while Crosby was a steal in the fourth round that year.
PFF projects that Bosa will get a five-year, $150 million deal and Crosby will command a five-year, $136 million deal. Thus, Crosby would average just mode than $27 million a year in that projection.
Crosby may not wait to see what Bosa gets. The Athletic has reported that the Raiders and Crosby are engaging in contracts talks to make him one of the highest paid defenders in the NFL and things are going well. No matter what the actual money is, Crosby is going to get paid handsomely.
In other Raiders’ links:
- Cheat sheet: ESPN has a free-agent preview to get you ready for next week’s action.
- Crosby love: Look at these stats and you realize why Crosby is so valuable.
- Roster breakdown: The Athletic looks at the Raiders’ roster heading into free agency.
- Ruggs’ update: There has been a delay in a hearing in the Henry Ruggs court proceedings.
- Interesting names: The Athletic has some free-agent fits for the Raiders.