With a decision on whether Aaron Rodgers will return to the Green Bay Packers for the 2022 season or be traded looms, our friends at DraftKings sportsbook have updated their odds of where he will play this season.
The Las Vegas Raiders are priced at 22-1 to trade for Rodgers. There are eight teams with lower odds (meaning more likely to occur). The Packers, who the four-time NFL MVP has played for since being drafted in 2005, are the betting favorite to keep Rodgers. They are priced at -280. Las Vegas’ AFC West rival, the Denver Broncos, are the big outside favorite to land Rodgers. The Broncos are priced at +350.
Last year, there were reports that Rodgers would welcome a trade to either the Broncos, Raiders or San Francisco 49ers (8-1). Now, at least, in betting terms, the Raiders don’t seem like a likely landing spot for Rodgers.
Other Raiders’ links:
- Lessons of growth: The Athletic looks at how new Raiders’ coach Josh McDaniels has grown through opportunities,
- New mock: Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Raiders taking a linebacker in his latest mock draft.
- Good grade: NFL.com gave the Raiders’ 2021 draft class a B+ grade. Not bad at all.
- Gruden closes book on Vegas: Former Raiders head coach Jon Gruden has sold his Las Vegas mansion.
- Buddy support: Houston Texans’ GM Nick Caserio is excited that college teammates, McDaniels and Dave Ziegler landed in Las Vegas,