In the offseason, they added Josh McDaniels as head coach, traded for All-Pro wide receiver Davante Adams and signed star pass-rusher Chandler Jones. They are built to go on a Super Bowl run led by quarterback Derek Carr.
Yet, after the AFC West teams all made bold moves this offseason, the Raiders still aren’t getting much betting respect going into the 2022 season. According to our friends at DraftKings Sportsbook, the Raiders are the least likely to win the division. Yet, they getting closer. The are now 6-1 to win the AC West this season. They were 10-1.
Kansas City, which has won the past five division titles, is the favorite at +160. The Los Angeles Chargers and Denver Broncos are both +250. Raiders backers could make the sportsbooks pay for their lack of betting respect.
Other Raiders links:
- Finally, respect: Sports illustrated thinks the Derek Carr contract extension shows the team is finally giving the respect of a franchise quarterback.
- Receiver contract talk: Contract expert Joel Corry looks at the exploding receiver market. Attention, Hunter Renfrow.
- In-house look: The Raiders’ website looks at his new deal.
- Full mock: The Athletic has a full Raiders’ mock draft.
- Carr talk: I join the SB Nation NFL show to discuss the Carr contract.
- Mayock talks: Former Raiders’ Gm Mike Mayock talks to the 33rd Team about leaving the team and his future.
- Visit news: ESPN reports the Raiders are visiting with Virgini
- a Tech tight end James Mitchell.