But the Las Vegas Raiders aren’t that far behind them in the big-money spending game. According to NFL Research, the Rams have three players to make an average of $25 million per season. Yet, the Raiders and Cleveland Browns are right behind them with two players averaging $25 million or more on their current contract.
The Rams now have 3 players set to make $25.0+ million per year on their current contract:— NFL Research (@NFLResearch) June 9, 2022
- Most such players in NFL
- The Browns & Raiders are the only other teams with 2 such players
- 12 teams have 0 such players: ATL, BAL, CAR, CHI, CIN, HOU, JAX, NE, NO, NYG, NYJ, SEA pic.twitter.com/5oZbaYkAX8
Las Vegas quarterback Derek Carr just signed a three-year $121 million deal and new wide receiver Davante Adams signed a five-year $141.5 million deal. Pass-rush star Maxx Crosby is right behind them at $94 million for four years. Again, these are based on average per year contracts and each year may vary per contract structure.
Yet, this is a good indication that Raiders’ owner Mark Davis isn’t afraid to spend in Las Vegas.
In other Raiders’ news:
- Rebuttal: The agent for Colin Kaepernick has disputed Warren Sapp’s claim that the quarterback’s recent workout with the Raiders went poorly.
- Late additions? Bleacher Report has a list of veterans the Raiders should consider signing before training camp starts next month.
- Mock draft: Check out who PFN has the Raiders drafting in a 2023 mock draft.