Missed opportunities appear to be the theme of the week for the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 11. Not only did the Raiders drop a one-possession game to the Miami Dolphins, but Las Vegas’ playoff hopes took a hit as they could have pulled within a half-game of the AFC’s third Wild Card spot.
AFC Wild Card Standings:
5. Cleveland Browns 7-3
6. Houston Texans 6-4
7. Pittsburgh Steelers 6-4
In the Hunt:
8. Buffalo Bills 6-5 (0.5 GB)
9. Indianapolis Colts 5-5 (1 GB)
10. Denver Broncos 5-5 (1 GB)
11. Cincinnati Bengals 5-5 (1 GB)
12. Las Vegas Raiders 5-6 (1.5 GB)
Next Week’s games:
- Cleveland @ Denver
- Houston vs. Jacksonville
- Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
- Buffalo @ Philadelphia
- Indianapolis vs. Tampa Bay
The Bengals losing Joe Burrow for the season should give Las Vegas one less team to worry about down the stretch. However, the problem is they could also use Cincinnati upsetting Pittsburgh next week. Also, early season losses to the Bills and Steelers could come back to bite the Silver and Black as those tiebreakers could prove to be valuable at the end of the year.
In other Raiders’ links:
- What they’re saying: a few highlights from the post-game press conferences and X/Twitter after the Raiders’ loss in Miami.
- Las Vegas opens as big underdogs: for the second week in a row, the Raiders open by double-digit underdogs on DraftKings Sportsbook. The lines opened with the Chiefs as 10-point favorites.
- Jets expected to pursue Davante Adams: “The Jets inquired about reuniting Las Vegas Raiders Pro Bowl wide receiver Davante Adams with Aaron Rodgers before last month’s trade deadline, only to be quickly rebuffed,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported. “But the Jets might not be willing to take no for an answer, as sources around the NFL expect that New York will pursue Adams again this offseason.”
- Josh Jacobs fined: On Saturday, NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero reported that the league fined Jacobs again, for nearly $22k for unnecessary roughness on a run against the Jets.