New Las Vegas Raiders’ quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is underrated.
Don’t believe me, just look at what he has accomplished in the NFL. He’s a winner and this recent chart shows it:
Tom Brady— Tom Brady Facts (@TB_Facts) May 18, 2023
• 72 Game-Winning Drives, most all-time (inc. postseason)
• 72 for 127 (56.7%) when he has a chance at a GW Drive
• 56.7% is the highest % among 84 QBs w/ 10+ GWDs since 1994
• His % also increases from the regular season to the postseason
Per @pfref @Stathead pic.twitter.com/IADpAZ8QDh
Garoppolo is one of eight quarterbacks to convert game-winning drives in, at least, 5 percent of the game he’s had a chance. He is on top of the lost with some legendary names. So, while it’s just one stat, it’s pretty impressive.
Again, the guy is a winner and he is a leader. As always with Jimmy G., the key with him is his health. If he is healthy, he wins.
In other Raiders’ news:
- OTA Battles: The Athletic looks at some position battles as the Raiders begin OTAs.
- Brady talk: The Las Vegas Review-Journal breaks down the pending move that will make legendary quarterback Tom Brady a minority owner of the Raiders.
- Not impressed; PFF isn’t ranking Garoppolo very high in its quarterback rankings.